You, your partner, or you and your partner combined must have all of the following:
· total net assets of at least AUD400 000 as the ownership interest in one or more qualifying businesses for least two of the four fiscal years immediately before you are invited to apply and if the qualifying business(es) was a publicly listed company, a shareholding of at least 10 per cent of the total issued capital
· net business and personal assets of at least AUD1.5 million that are legally acquired and can be transferred to Australia within two years after the visa is granted
· a total annual turnover of at least AUD3 million in one or more of your main businesses in at least two of the four fiscal years immediately before you are invited to apply
· ownership of at least:
o 51 per cent of a business with turnover of less than AUD400 000 per year
o 30 per cent of a business with turnover of more than AUD400 000 per year, or
o 10 per cent of a publicly listed company
· an overall successful business career
· no involvement in unacceptable business activities
· a genuine desire to own and maintain a management role in a business in Australia.
You must also be younger than 55 years of age, although a state or territory can waive this requirement if your proposed business will be of exceptional economic benefit to the region where it will operate.